Friday, March 1, 2013

On My Radar

Whenever I think of the words "on my radar" I get that Britney Spears song stuck in my head.
But I digress...

Welcome to Friday! Welcome to March! Let's just hop right into this thing.

It looks like everyone has got one thing on their minds: spring! I only know this because I did a Tumblr tag search for spring and what I got was a bunch of filtered photos saying "Hello, March." (Should be noted that I was doing said search because I've got spring on my mind as well.)

Later this month we'll say goodbye to winter and begin to bask Toledo's sunless glory that is spring. Well, let's hope it's not too sunless, because I miss being outside. 

You can almost smell the fresh air!
The above photo was taken from our very own Toledo Botanical Gardens' Facebook page. I cannot wait to go hang out at this place come springtime (and summer for that matter). So beautiful! And free!

Not only can you hang out at the Botanical Gardens, but you can look like it too! 


I'm so into these. For some reason, I keep wanting to round up my girlfriends to make flower crowns and then wear them out together (For the first day of spring! Can we make this a thing? Let's make this a thing, Toledo). Undoubtedly, people will say things, but GOOD things, I'm sure ;)

This last piece of inspiration comes from indoors. Inside craft store doors, really. 

Yep. It's trimmings.
Trimmings! Whenever I'm at Joann Fabrics I take a stroll down the aisles lined with spools of trimmings. Trimmings are such an easy way to dress up an outfit, be it a statement piece to tie on underneath your collar or adding a veil to your beanie (it's not springtime just yet!).



Projects could also be as simple as making a hippie-esque headband, or making bracelets or cuffs, or a belt! Trimmings come in such a variety of colors and styles that it would be easy to find the one for you. The possibilities are endless!

Now that I'm all hyped on trimmings, that fresh air is sounding pretty good. Here's to warmer weather!

Happy March, Toledo.
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment