Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Thinking of, dreaming of, and hoping for SPRING!

I don't know about you guys, but sometimes when the weather, my job, or just life gets me down, I turn to material objects to get my heart beating again. No one likes to admit it but on the rainiest of days, sometimes nothing compares to swiping your card through that convenient little card reader and unloading bags on your bedroom floor or hitting the "buy" button on your computer screen and watching your shopping cart return to empty as you monitor the door waiting for the next postal drop off. For me, there's nothing that cheers my mood up more than shopping in my closet. I love to tear the whole thing apart, move things from the back to a prestigious spot up front and find new, fun combinations for old, worn pieces. It makes me feel like I went to the store and spent $1,000,000 on a brand new wardrobe.

Recently, with spring and the (fingers crossed) promise of warm weather, I have fallen back in love with my vast collection of jumpsuits. They are my go-to outfit choice when the sun comes up and even when the moon is out. they transition from day-to-night oh so well, and oh so comfortably. Put your favorite band tee under one and some keds or chucks, BOOM! a casual weekend look for running errands. Belt it high on the waist, throw on a lace shrug and heels, and you're ready for a night on the town. Jumpsuits are timeless, and easy, and cute..ALWAYS. Here, is my particular favorite from my collection. It's a wide-legged, black, polyester number that fits like a glove. It makes me feel sleek and fashion-forward while still feeling like I'm out in my pajamas in public; heaven!






I found this looker at a vintage boutique in Louisville, KY called The Pink Door Boutique and it's been a staple in my wardrobe every Spring, Summer, and Fall since.

What pieces of your wardrobe brighten your rainiest of days, Swappers?

-g

No comments:

Post a Comment