Monday, March 4, 2013

STYLE FILE: Mark Ronson

Good afternoon, SWAPpers :)

I'm so happy I have this forum to blather on and on about style icons I admire: locally, nationally and internationally. We'll take a look at a new subject each week, study their wardrobe staples and I'll show you how to attain their look at reasonable prices! Ready? Let's do this!

Since we've opened up our events to our male-identified clotheshorses, I figured I'd kick this off with one of my favorite dude specimens. Our first Style File subject is none other than producer, DJ, artist and musician Mark Ronson. He's worked with everyone from Amy Winehouse to Radiohead to Adele to Rufus Wainwright to Ghostface Killa and I'm driven absolutely witless by his wardrobe. And now...without further delay... the "Ronson Rules" of getting dressed!

1. Love a printed coat.
Left: via arjanwrites.com
Right: guardian.co.uk
Mark pays homage to his Brit-mod roots with these stylish overcoats. I'm loving the houndstooth and the plaid with the faux fur.


2. Repeat on the red carpet!
Left: via zimbio.com
Right: via glamourmagazine.co.uk 
Left: via entertainmentwise.com
Right: via upscalehype.com
Sometimes, a staple item deserves to be worn again and again. Mark dresses it down with a leather bomber and ups the ante with shiny sharkskin tailored suits. The tweed suit paired with the blue checkered shirt is blowing my mind!


3. Take no prisoners with your formal wear.
Left: via glamourmagazine.co.uk
Right: via nymag.com
Check out this Versace for H&M shocking pink suit! Mark's sense of humor shines through in this monochromatic number. I'm also quite fond of the Vegas-like quality of his shiny brown suit. I'd sit next to him at the blackjack tables any day!!!


4. Inject a bit of fun and whimsy into your casual wear.
Left: via stylebistro.com
Right: via brandish.tv
Mark is giving us a bit of Jonny Lee Miller in Trainspotting mixed with punk prowess in this short military pea coat. I love how he's sporting monochromatic colors again with the blue blazer and blue button-down, but in a less predictable way by diversifying the hue. Finally, a real man carries a real man's bag. Love the canvas carry-all he's rocking!


Perhaps the most wonderful aspect of Mark Ronson's style is its accessibility. I was shocked by how reasonable look-alikes were priced when I searched online. I'll share a few of them for you below. However, the ONE accessory you will definitely need when donning these fantastic attention-getting pieces is a pair of.....well, you know. And THOSE are NOT available in stores :) Enjoy!

xoxo,
Jordan




Tropical Pink Button-Down - Port Authority, www.bigtopshirtshop.com - $18.03
Red shirt with White Collar - Steven Land, www.nymsuits.com - $39.99

Shiny Slim Suit - www.ebay.com - $104.99

Tweed Suit - ASOS, via asos.us.com - $110.21
Vintage 1980's German Military Style Navy Peacoat - www.toprankvintage.com - $99.99
Vnitage Pendleton Plaid Coat - www.etsy.com - $68.00
Skinny Silk Black Tie - www.tuxedosonline.com - $9.95

No comments:

Post a Comment