Wednesday, February 27, 2013

This ain't YO MAMA'S peplum!

Happy Hump day and welcome to my Wednesday post.

Today, I'm featuring a look that is very dear to me, because I think it might be the most versatile trend currently out there: The Peplum. Being such a "current" trend you might find it a bit hard to find a peplum-ed piece in the thrift store. THINK AGAIN. While, you might not find a piece that comes pre-peplum-ed, I'm going to let you bloggers in on an easy, fast fix. How often do you find a dress with a full skirt that you don't quite like as a dress or maybe it's a little shrunken? ALL THE TIME. Well, my dear kittens, get out your scissors, because that tired old dress, with a few snips is an easy peplum top. 

EXHIBIT A:


A few snips (5 inches off the bottom to be exact) to this shrunken Forever 21 dress, and TA-DA, PEPLUM POWER!






And now, adding loose, purple, high-waisted pants, and some heels and banging (haha BECAUSE THEY'RE BANGLES) accessories, and you've got an outfit that translates to day, evening, whatever. And for how much? OHHHH, $5 for the pants, $5 for the heels, the jewelry I had in my collection, the dress was $3, and well, the master scissor skills? Those came from years of practice (but you've got to start somewhere).

Like I said earlier, the peplum translates, and that's what I love about it. Throw your new top over an old band shirt, some skinny jeans, Chuck Taylors and an army jacket, BOOM! Weekend chic. Put a pencil skirt underneath. WOWZA, that's a sexy dress. The possibilities are endless...

Here's where I want to hear what YOU would do with your "brand new" peplum top....GO!

-g

No comments:

Post a Comment