Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Victor Victoria!!...inspired.

For this Wednesday's post I drew some inspiration from Jordan's Monday post about the beautiful, and stylish Mark Ronson. I am a big fan of stealing clothes from the closets of men. Mostly, because I like the way they fit my petite body (and the fact that they're so comfy!). But, I will not be wearing men's clothes in this week's post, more like menswear-inspired pieces.

When I think menswear, I always think of the Glamorous 1940's and beautiful woman in silky, slinky suits. So, today I found myself a pair of tuxedo-inspired, high-waisted slacks, a tight cardigan (PROPORTIONS!) and some charming, vintage inspired accessories. ALL PIECES FOUND AT AREA GOODWILLS!






The flats I got for $3, they're trusty black ballet slippers that I wear with everything. The earrings are big button-like posts. The faux-fur collar is just something I found, perhaps meant to come attached to a sweater. I added a velcro piece on each end for a tear-away set-up, but I also like the idea of holding it together with a brooch. The cardigan is a simple grey sweater. And the pants are my favorite bit. They're a little harem, with a drop crotch, airy feeling, and slightly tuxedo. They're high-waisted with a built-in cumberbund and a zipper up the back. AMAZING. The whole business cost me maybe $15.

So who says the boys can have all the fun? Glamazons, let's give them a run for their money...well, their $15.

-g

No comments:

Post a Comment