Monday, March 18, 2013

STYLE FILE: Joel Trzcinski

Good evening, SWAPpers :)

I met Joel Trzcinski out and about on Adams Street and quickly discovered we had a lot in common - we both work in marketing/advertising and we both have a love for fashion. Joel's style is simple, urbane and practical. He stood out to me right away as a no-nonsense dresser; someone you might find having a coffee working on a project in the lobby of the ACE Hotel in New York. He's someone who knows what he wants and knows what works for him. Shopping to him is a means to an end --- a pared down process that involves picking up the basics at go-to places and also expanding his horizons when he has access to boutiques in larger cities. Joel may sit behind the drum kit when he plays for Nathan Roberts, but his style never goes unnoticed. Without further ado, I present to you: Joel Trzcinski! Enjoy!

xoxo,
Jordan



Tell us a bit about yourself.
I'm an account executive at a digital agency called Hanson Inc, and also play drums and manage singer-songwriter Nathan Roberts. I spend pretty much any free time I have working on music or going to see bands live. I also like to travel as much as possible to experience other cities. 

Define your personal style.
I can be very chill or much more animated, that's just my personality. So I think my personal style reflects that. I could wear a v-neck t-shirt, cardigan, and chucks, which is much more relaxed, or go for a crazy paisley or polka dot shirt, blazer and boots if I'm going out. It just depends on what I'm feeling. I'd say I've taken elements from what I suppose some people consider "hipster" or trendy and also rock n' roll, and made them my own, something more casual and yet classy. Someone told me recently after visiting Paris that people there looked like me. I'll take that as a compliment.

Who are your style influences?
I'm mostly inspired by musicians and bands since I'm also a musician and in a band. Especially ones that not only have creative music but are also trendsetters with their style. I really dig MuteMath, Jack White, Pete Yorn, Beck and have always loved The Beatles. Beatles were so ahead of their time, it's ridiculous. People are still trying to recreate their look or sound. Also, recently I came across this new band called Wild Belle and their look/style is absolutely amazing.




How do you typically find new items for your wardrobe?
Because I'm so busy I don't have time for long shopping adventures. Knowing my style has allowed me to eliminate a lot of places or wandering aimlessly through racks of clothes. My process is usually intentional, no casual shopping. It starts with seeing something that inspires me, searching online to narrow it down, then either ordering it or going to the store to try it out. I always take advantage of hitting up cool boutiques or shops when I'm in bigger cities. Then there's the Urban Outfitters and vintage shops in Ann Arbor that I go to often.

How do you "recycle" clothes in your closet to create new ensembles?
Every 6 months to a year I'll get rid of clothes that I don't like anymore. But there are some items that still work so I'll just mix and match those with new clothing items. Sometimes I'll find myself with shirts that I never wear and then I'll get a new jacket or sweater and all of a sudden the shirt works. 

What's your 5 year plan career wise?
I don't really envision making a career switch, just maybe changing it slightly. I see myself still involved is a digital agency or marketing firm but ideally will be mostly full time in music at that point. My goal is to make the most out of what I'm involved with in Toledo and work really hard, but then move to bigger city to take things to the next level. So in 5 years I'd like to be to touring regularly and playing music.


GET JOEL'S LOOK






  1. Chambray Shirt   www.landsend.com  $44.00
  2. Aeropostale Plaid Shirt  www.newegg.com  $27.99
  3. Steve Madden Pea Coat  www.ebay.com  $89.99
  4. Striped T-shirt  www.sears.com  $11.99
  5. Vintage Button-down  www.ebay.com  $11.00
  6. Super-skinny Jeans Acid Wash  www.asos.com  $25.43
  7. Dakota Patchwork Leather Jacket  www.ecrater.com   $99.99
  8. Imatra ESS Sneaker  www.lacoste.com  $76.00
  9. Wolf by Farah blazer  www.etsy.com  $43.00






No comments:

Post a Comment