Friday, March 29, 2013

On My Radar

Hello there! Welcome to Friday!

Spring is actually upon us and with warmer temperatures this weekend, we can only hope spring is actually real.

I've got a few things on my mind. Well, MORE things on my mind, since I already posted about spring.
Easter is nearly here, our Jewish friends are in the midst of Passover. Y'know, springtime stuff!

Originally this post was going to mention my love of the color black, no matter the season. The truth is, I'm always wearing it. Or am I? The more I thought about it, the more I realized it doesn't completely dominate my wardrobe, though a majority of what I wear is black in some way. These are some of the colors I'm really drawn to right now:

Pink dress: Forever 21; Mint dress: Charlotte Russe; Burgundy dress: JC Penney; Coral blouse: Target
I chose these items because I have them or something very similar (the similar one being the mint dress, if you were wondering). I don't know what's drawing me to these colors, but I'm excited about it. In fact, I think I'll wear the coral blouse for Easter dinner :)

One other springtime thing I'm super pumped about is gardening. Last year my boyfriend Steve planted an amazing garden so big, we couldn't even keep up. Loads of tomatoes and basil kept coming in, which was great for the days we wanted to make our own spaghetti sauce. Steve canned his own pickles, peppers, and salsa. It was great. 

Like, seriously, CRAZY GARDEN.

Though it's small thing, I'm super excited for the lavender seeds we just bought. Thanks to a friend who brought back some lavender from France a few years ago, I'm obsessed. (Okay, the France part isn't important, but it makes it sound fancy.) I currently keep lavender oil in my reed diffusers, my Febreze is lavender scented, and so is my deodorant...you see where this is going. I'm excited to have what I promise I will be calling "the fresh stuff."

My own personal heaven, among the freshest of stuff.
via

And I'm not sure if I'd like it, but this drink looks super pretty. 

Ooooooh!
It's called Lavender Bee's Knees, definitely from the Prohibition-era, and it's featured over at Honestly Yum. (Side note: Honestly Yum is a brand spankin' new blog brought to you by the makers of Honestly WTF, which I have featured a time or two in my segments. Cool stuff!)

Well there it is! Even MORE springtime appreciation. I'm sure this won't be the last of it, because I'm sure this isn't the last we'll see of winter...but there's hope!

Have a good one, Toledo!
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment