Friday, April 19, 2013

On My Radar–(419) Day!

Hello hello! The gang and I would like to start off by wishing you a happy (419) Day!
Don't worry, you can celebrate too, (567)ers.

Today, Toledo celebrates Toledo. We may not be the coolest kids on the block, but we are SO getting there. I think this T-shirt from local shop, Reddish Printing, sums it up nicely:



If you didn't already know Reddish and Jupmode are two print shops that have taken the city by storm with their Toledo-celebrating T-shirts. Everybody needs to own something from one or both of these shops.


Jupmode: Something for EVERYBODY!
Well, I would be remiss if I didn't tell you that both of these shops will be at Maker's Mart this Saturday, in partnership with one of the coolest things to hit Toledo since, well, I don't know. I'm talking about Artomatic, which is in its second of three weekends. SO. MUCH. ART. If you haven't been, GO. It's fun for the whole family, not to mention a grand showcase of so many local artists doing what they love to do!

Back to Maker's Mart, though, because it's only happening THIS SATURDAY, April 20th.

Maker's Mart is put on by Handmade Toledo (I am namedropping like a MOFO). It's an indie craft fair featuring local vendors selling anything from art to soap to accessories to home decor...and it's all HANDMADE and/or LOCAL. How freakin' cool is that?!

The first Maker's Mart happened back in November. I was beyond pumped to go; so pumped I went alone...and had a blast! I left with a really cool set of cards, an intricate felt necklace, and some of Mel Prior's delicious hot pepper jelly.

Not pictured: Mel's hot pepper jelly. I ate it. Duh!
Necklace from Handleber
Cards from Burrowing Home

You'll notice, an extremely important part of selling at craft fairs is packaging. Everything I bought that day either came in a bag or box specially labeled with each persons logo, be it a stamp or a sticker. These vendors put so much effort into not only making their items, but also making sure it comes packaged neatly and legitimately in a way you won't forget.

SERIOUSLY, IT'S GOING TO BE SO COOL. Maker's Mart. Artomatic. All in one place! Be there!
For more info, check out Handmade Toledo's Facebook page: www.facebook.com/HandmadeToledo
In the weeks leading up to Maker's Mart, they've been posting preview photos of their vendors, so check those out and get a taste of what's in store.

You know where I'm going to be, Toledo.
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment