Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Thriftspiration

Everywhere I look (in store windows, on the internet, in my dreams) I see cropped tops. AND I AM IN LOVE. For someone who prides themselves on a tiny midsection (and tries to cover her limbs) they are my savior during the hot summer. And I can't imagine them not matching everything I own. I can wear them with jean shorts, high-waisted ERRTHANG, full, circle skirts, ANYTHING YOU CAN IMAGINE. I can't get behind it more. so here are my interpretations of the cropped top  with my favorite of the options, the lady-like full skirt.


This one is a full skirt (with a cute big bow in the back) that I found at a local goodwill, paired with a The National band Tee tied up in the back. Band shirts will probably be my next post because they're so versatile and swiftly taking up a WHOLE BUNCH of room in my closet.


This look is a men's tank top (which I snipped into a cropped top), again, thrifted. I did some print-mixing with a high-waisted silk skirt, I also found thrifting.

Someone hide the scissors from me because I want to take the bottom 5 inches off of everything I own! SOMEONE TRY TO STOP ME!

Swappers, what's your favorite summer look?

-g

No comments:

Post a Comment