Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Crawling for Vintage Fashion

First and foremost, dear swappers, let me formally announce Swap Toledo's change of venue for our May 19th Swap Meet II. We will be holding at... (drum roll please)...

YAYYYYY!

Sorry for the change of plans, dudes and dudettes, but you know us divas; we've always got to throw in a couple costume changes! However, we're very excited because for us, there isn't a better place to find Toledo fashion than the Adams Street Bars. 

And speaking of the Adams Street Bars... This weekend they will be hosting The DECADES ON ADAMS Bar Crawl featuring decade-themed bars up and down the street. WHAT A GREAT IDEA RIGHT?! As soon as I heard, I got a huge (excuse my french) Vintage Boner. What a wonderful chance to showcase all the vintage clothes in my closet that haven't seen the light of day (well, not since they weren't vintage). The participants/their coinciding decades are as follows:

Manhattans will be dark and smokey and 40's themed.

There will be a 50's Sock Hop at the Ottawa tavern.

Peace, Love, and the 60's at The Attic.

Boogie Oggie Ooogie into the 70's at Wesley's.

and

Do your best Cyndi Lauper (in drag) impression at Bretz and celebrate the 80's.

I can't think of a more perfect way to spend my weekend than this. I'm drooling at the moment, thinking of it. I can't quite decide on my decade of choice just yet, as they're all so marvelous! But here, I'll share some of my inspiration.


A wide-brimmed hat, high-waisted shorts, and a crop top. Vintage or did I just see a girl in this at the mall?


Collared blouses FTW!


80's Dior you've never left our hearts. I'm still waiting for a DIY tutorial from Renee telling me how to make a bow headband!


And I'm pretty sure this is a picture from just the other day outside an Adam's Street Bar...just sayin'.

My excitement for this event cannot be contained. Toledo People get out there and shake, shake, shake your booty in some great vintage wear! 

-g

No comments:

Post a Comment